Theis started in the IP industry in 2007 in private practice advising Danish and international clients in all aspects of patent protection with a clear focus on the business strategy of the clients. He has worked with many clients ranging from Universities, smaller businesses and start-ups to some of the largest companies in the world.
Theis has extensive experience in the following fields:
- Strategic advice within innovation with a special focus on patent related aspects
- Patentability evaluations
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Strategic investigations and monitoring, including competition management, technology investigations and Freedom-To-Operate analyses
- Oppositions and appeals, including Danish and European cases.
Theis handles patent related aspects within a broad variety of technical fields, including physics, optics, mechanics, electronics, software, offshore, oil and gas exploration and production, and wind turbine technologies.
Theis joined Guardian IP Consulting in 2020 after having worked as a patent attorney in one of the largest private practice firms in Denmark for the last 8 years.
Get valueable advice
By signing up for our newsletter, our experts will provide you with relevant advice about current topics within patents and designs.