Lars’s primary focus areas are biotech, chemistry, pharmaceutical and food patents.
He has extensive experience within:
- Patentability evaluations and drafting and prosecution of patent applications
- Legal challenges against patents (opposition and appeal) including planning and completion of oral proceedings at the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Assistance with the preparation of oral proceedings at EPO, including the planning and completion of trial runs (“mock trials”)
- Freedom-to-operate analyses (FTO) and infringement opinions
- Infringement cases before the courts, including enforcement proceedings and validity cases in different Scandinavian courts.
Lars joined Guardian IP Consulting as a partner in 2010.
He came from a position as a consultant and head of department at a large Danish IP firm where, over a period of twelve years, he advised a number of companies on intellectual property rights, particularly patents. He became European Patent Attorney in 2000 and worked for twelve years as a patent examiner at the European Patent Office in Munich.
Furthermore, Lars is attached to the Danish Maritime and Commercial Court as a Technical Judge, and he is a Danish member of EPI’s litigation committee (LitCom).
Get valueable advice
By signing up for our newsletter, our experts will provide you with relevant advice about current topics within patents and designs.