IP consultant, Managing Partner, European Patent Attorney, M.Sc. (Engineering), Diploma in “Patent Litigation in Europe”, Strasbourg University
+45 77 34 44 49
David has worked for more than 20 years as a patent attorney in private practice advising Danish and International clients in all matters of patent law.
He has worked for clients ranging from smaller businesses and start-ups to some of the largest companies in the world.
David has lived 3 years in the Netherlands successfully building up a patent operation for one of Europe’s largest IP companies.
Through his work, David has travelled in Japan, Korea, Russia, and USA and has an extensive international network of clients and business partners.
David has extensive experience in the following fields:
- Patent protection of valuable innovation and advising clients about IP related questions
- Identification and ‘harvesting’ of patentable inventions and aspects
- Patent drafting and prosecution
- Opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office
- Ensuring freedom to operate for businesses (e.g. Freedom-to-Operate analysis, infringement opinions, invalidity proceedings, etc.)
David advises clients in a variety of technical fields like physics, telecommunication, digital signal processing, IT and software related inventions (e.g. image processing/vision systems, GUI/UX, computer graphics, encryption, Digital Rights Management, search engine technology, etc.), medical devices, mathematical modeling, optics, nanotechnology, food processing, and Oil & Gas.
David joined Guardian IP Consulting as a partner in 2014 and has previous experience as a patent attorney and partner from other larger patent consultancies.
Get valueable advice
By signing up for our newsletter, our experts will provide you with relevant advice about current topics within patents and designs.